Avoiding Scams and Frauds
Its always good to be careful.
You can avoid most scammers following these simple rules:
How to recognize scams:
- Always deal locally with people you can meet in person.
- Never wire funds by western union, moneygram, or any other wire services.
- Fake cashiers check, money orders are a very common thing, banks will cash them and make you responsible when they find it fake sometimes weeks later.
- Web Cosmo is not involved in any type of transaction. We do not handle payments. We do not guarantee any transactions, provide escrow services,offer buyer protection, offer seller certification. If anybody presenting you such thing they are scammer.
- Never give your financial/security information e.g. social security number, bank account number, ebay/paypal info etc.
- Avoid deals that involve shipping or escrow services.
Scammers may become innovative with new ideas always. However scams may involve one or more of the followings:
Whom to notify about scam or fraud attempts:
- Inquiry from someone located far away, often in different country.
- Money gram, western union, cashier's check, money order, shipping, escrow service, or a guarantee.
If you suspect a classified ad is part of a scam please email us the details at abuse (@) webcosmo (dot) com
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center www.ic3.gov
- FTC online complaint form www.ftc.gov
- FTC Toll Free hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Canadian PhoneBusters hotline: 888-495-8501
- Non-emergency number for your local police department.