Answers to your questions regarding Webcosmo Classified Ads.
Avoiding scams and frauds
Is posting classified ads free?
Yes, all Classified Ads postings at Web Cosmo is FREE of charge.
How to submit a post?
Following are the steps to submit a post:
How to post countrywide/statewide/local?
- Go to the post page by clicking on the "Post Ad" link.
- Select country, state(if any), city(optional).
- Select the category and subcategoy(if any).
- Click on contonue.
- On the Create Posting page enter the information for your post on the page, click on continue.
- On the Review Posting page review the information you entered. If you like to make any changes, click on Edit.
- Enter the varification word in the varification text box.
- Click on Continue to continue posting your post.
- Confirmation page will confirm your post submission.
- You will be receiving an email shortly. You can use that email to publish/edit/delete your post. If you post ad as Signed In to your account, your post will be instantly activated. Otherwise Web Cosmo does not automatically publish any ad, you have to publish it using the link provided on the email sent to you, Your post will not be active on Web Cosmo until you Publish it using the link on the email sent to you.
The countrywide/statewide/local ad posting feature is called as "Ad Visibility". On the Create Posting page you will see the Ad Visibility with three options to choose from for your ad:
How to reply to a post?
- With Default Ad Visibility your ad will be visible in selected city/state/country.
- With Statewide Ad Visibility your ad will be visible at all cities of the selected state.
- With Countrywide Ad Visibility your ad will be visible at all cities and all states of the selected country.
To reply to a post, click on the reply-to email address of the post. Reply-to email address may be in anonymous form or an actual email address.
If the reply-to email is in anonymous form, when you click on the link a web cosmo mail form will appear. If the reply-to email is not anonymous, your default mail client will appear when you click on the link.
If the poster did not provide any email address, look for contact info on the body of the post.
How to edit/delete a post?
Go to the email you used to publish the post, click on the link provided on the email. You can edit/delete the post from the page you receive. If you deleted or lost the email try having it resent.
To delete the post click on delete button.
To edit the post click on the edit button. Edited changes will take effect immediately. Make sure to refresh/reload your browser page to see the changes on the Web Cosmo site.
How to repost?
Simply submit a new ad following the same procedure you used to submit the original post.
How to resend publish/edit/delete email?
Go to this page and follow the instructions mentioned there http://www.webcosmo.com/post/resend.aspx
Where is my post, I can't find my classified ad?
If you published an ad and dont see it on the site, there are few things to consider:
Where is my publish email?
- Your ad will be active on the site, only if you have published it from the email you received.
- You may need to refresh/reload the page that displays the listings for the category you posted your ad for.
- Make sure you are looking in the right category.
- Make sure you are looking in the correct date. Your post will appear under the date you published the ad.
- Try using the keyword search in the category you posted your ad.
- Other possible reasons you dont see the ad may be its expired or may have been removed from the listing by flagging.
If you have successfully submitted your post and have not received the self-publish email you may consider the following:
Try having the self-publish email resent to you.
- You may have entered the email address incorrectly. If so, post a new ad with correct email address.
- You may have exceeded your mailbox storage limit. Check your bulk/junk/spam folders.
- Network problems between ISPs may cause delays in email transmission, sometimes hours. Consider checking back later.
- Some email providers/ISPs use spam filters, which may have intercepted the email.
If none of above helps you may consider posting a new ad using a different email address.
Why my posting is deleted?
Possible reasons for your post getting deleted:
What are the flags for?
- Your post may have expired.
- Your post may have been flagged down by other users.
- You may have deleted it yourself.
Web Cosmo flagging system help our users identify inappropriate posts for speedy removal very effectively, maintaining everyones ability to express themselves within the law.
Flags that can apply to a post are:
We encourage you flag posts if they are miscategorized, prohibited, or spam to you. One flag per person per post is counted.
If a post gets flagged enough, it gets removed automatically with a note sent to the poster.
Can I use HTML tags on post?
We encourage you use plain text. However if you need, you are allowed to use HTML tags on your post.
Use HTML only on the description of the ad. We don't allow certain HTML tags e.g. script, iframe etc.
We dont validate your HTML. We post it as it is. If you have a link on your post description, make sure it has http:// on it.
Can I post to a category instead of subcategory?
If a post does not have any sub-category, you can post on the main category. If it does have any sub-category, you have to post on a sub-category. Even though you post on a sub-category, your post will be visible to users when they browse on the main category.
Can I post to multiple locations?
Our goal is to keep Web Cosmo Classifieds local, and useful to everybody. We do not allow posting same ad on multiple locations.
How long does my post stay active on the site?
Posts stay active on the site for a duration of time counted after it's creation date.
Post active durations for different categories:
- Community: 50 Days
- For Sale: 50 Days
- Gigs: 50 Days
- Housing: 50 Days
- Jobs: 50 Days
- Personals: 50 Days
- Resumes: 50 Days
- Services: 50 Days